All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.58Trending at AU $39.15
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.66
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.32
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.16
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.17
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.51
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.42
About this product
- DescriptionThis book presents the proceedings of the 3rd International Conference on Integrated Petroleum Engineering and Geosciences 2014 (ICIPEG2014). Topics covered on the petroleum engineering side include reservoir modeling and simulation, enhanced oil recovery, unconventional oil and gas reservoirs, production and operation. Similarly geoscience presentations cover diverse areas in geology, geophysics palaeontology and geochemistry. The selected papers focus on current interests in petroleum engineering and geoscience. This book will be a bridge between engineers, geoscientists, academicians and industry.
- Author BiographyProf Mariyamni Awang has been teaching Petroleum Engineering for more than 30 years. She has a bachelor's degree in chemical engineering from the University of Queensland, a masters in petroleum engineering from The Pennsylvania State University and a PhD in petroleum engineering from Stanford University. Her research specializations are enhanced oil recovery, reservoir engineering and simulation. Examples of the topics that she is working on and have published are lower temperature CO2 injections, applications of nanoparticles in O&G and simulation of EOR processes. However, she has projects on reservoir characterization, chemical additives and multiphase behaviour too. Her projects have been funded by the Ministry of Science, Technology and Innovation, the Ministry of Higher Education, Petroleum Research Fund and Universiti Teknologi PETRONAS internal funding. She is currently heading EOR research at the Universiti Teknologi PETRONAS in her capacity as Director of Mission Oriented Research of EOR. Born and raised in Addis Ababa-Ethiopia, Berihun Mamo Negash is a lecturer at Universiti Teknologi PETRONAS, department of Petroleum Engineering. He has completed his BSc. Degree in chemical Engineering from Bahir Dar University in Ethiopia and MSc. degree in petroleum engineering, with specialization in reservoir engineering from Norwegian university of science and technology in Norway. He has worked at Chemical Engineering Department of Bahir Dar University for more than 7 years delivering different courses, some of them are computational methods, chemical engineering thermodynamics, transport phenomenon and at the same time he was a part-time lecturer at petroleum engineering department of Mekelle University for three consecutive years teaching Reservoir simulation, well logging and formation evaluation and Natural gas engineering. Currently he is researching on topics related to performance prediction of a reservoir under different conditions, such as primary depletion, water injection, gas and WAG injection. Ms. Nur Asyraf Md Akhir is a petroleum engineering lecturer at Universiti Teknologi PETRONAS. She holds a Master of Science degree from Universiti Teknologi PETRONAS in collaboration with Heriot Watt University, Edinburgh, UK. She has a Bachelor Degree in Chemical Engineering from Universiti Teknologi PETRONAS. She has been teaching petroleum engineering courses such as reservoir rocks and fluid properties and reservoir engineering. She has presented the paper on the clay mineral and log response and be a part of a few projects; internally and internationally. Her research interests are on the enhanced oil recovery, mainly in chemical, CO2 and foam flooding and unconventional reservoir. Mr. Luluan Almanna Lubis is a Lecturer of Geophysics at Geosciences Department, Universiti Teknologi PETRONAS (UTP). He received his M.Sc. in Petroleum Geosciences (By Research) from UTP, Malaysia and B.Sc. in Earth Physics from ITB, Indonesia. Prior joining UTP, from 2007 - 2009, He was working and acquired geophysical data measurements at several places in Indonesia, Bandung, Jakarta, East Java, Bali, Sulawesi and Kalimantan. In 2013, He was appointed as a Lecturer in Geosciences Department. Luluan is a full time researcher in the Centre of Seismic Imaging (CSI) at UTP, where the centre work with PETRONAS and PETRONAS Research.
- PublisherSpringer Verlag, Singapore
- Date of Publication21/03/2015
- SubjectEnergy Technology & Electrical Engineering
- Place of PublicationSingapore
- Country of PublicationSingapore
- ImprintSpringer Verlag, Singapore
- Content Note33 black & white illustrations, 183 colour illustrations, biography
- Weight789 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine24 mm
- Edited byBerihun Mamo Negash,Luluan Almanna Lubis,Mariyamni Awang,Nur Asyraf Md Akhir
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.