All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionICT4D provides an authoritative account of the use of Information and Communication Techlogies (ICTs) in contemporary development practice. It combines theory with practical guidance - including both a conceptual framework for understanding the rapid development of ICT4D. Case studies provide detailed examples of issues and initiatives from a variety of countries and organisations. ICTs are becoming increasingly significant in improving the impacts of development practice. However, ICT4D projects in Africa, Asia and Latin America have t always been as effective as their proponents had hoped. This book explores both the successes and the challenges facing such initiatives, and provides clear recommendations for how they can be developed in more sustainable ways for the benefit of poor people and marginalised communities. ICT4D is essential reading for anyone involved in planning, designing or implementing ICT4D initiatives. N.B. Not endorsed by CIE, but can offer support material for CIE centres.
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication09/02/2009
- SubjectSchool Textbooks & Study Guides: Social Sciences
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content NoteIllustrations, maps
- Weight540 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine21 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.