All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book attempts to create awareness about the UN-MDGs and how various ICT can be harnessed to appeal to different demographics. Current empirical evidence suggests that MDG awareness is relatively low particularly in developed countries, and that the levels of MDG awareness vary considerable across socioecomic variables or demographics from United Nations perspective. It also examines how ICT can be used to bring about technical and social invations strengthen livelihoods, support ecomic development, water and climate resilience and improve the education and health sectors and enhance development opportunities. Several studies are highlighted that reinforce the view that government support and private sector expertise and funding are important factors in ICT-based e-government solutions in developing countries. The book also builds on the thesis that a strong connection between competencies in mathematics, science, and information communication/techlogy is required to build logical concepts and critical thinking skills. It also examines the opportunities and barriers of promoting students' learning skills, including communication, cooperation, collaboration and connection using the Wiki tool under the blackboard platform. Finally, the book also highlights the challenges involved in application of ICT in education. This is significant for educators in order to surmount these obstacles and consequently successfully incorporate ICT into the educational system. The chapters present the relevant literature on ICTs and the perceived barriers to ICT integration in basic education. They also focus on the implications of incorporating ICT in the basic educational system. The challenges confronting the integration of ICT in education are equally identified with a view to ensuring a more efficient application of ICT in attaining education for all.
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication07/05/2014
- SubjectManagement & Business: General
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Note20 black & white illustrations, 15 colour illustrations, 25 black & white tables, biography
- Weight717 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine24 mm
- Edited byHarleen Kaur,Xiaohui Tao
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $38.44Trending at AU $48.97
- AU $35.07Trending at AU $36.68
- AU $27.99Trending at AU $34.95
- AU $22.22Trending at AU $31.05
- AU $29.06Trending at AU $39.11
- AU $20.74Trending at AU $24.95
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.35
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.