All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIf your speaking is preventing you from getting the score you need in IELTS, Collins Speaking for IELTS can help. Don't let one skill hold you back. Collins Speaking for IELTS has been specially created for learners of English who plan to take the IELTS exam to demonstrate that they have the required ability to communicate effectively in English, either at work or at university. It is ideal for learners with band score 5 - 5.5 who are aiming for band score 6 or higher on the IELTS test (CEF level B1 and above). What is IELTS? The International English Language Testing System (IELTS) is sat by over 1.4 million candidates around the world every year. It is the most common test used by universities for foreign students to prove their language level. IELTS is also increasingly used for immigration purposes, with Australia, New Zealand and Canada all requiring visa applicants whose first language is t English to submit an IELTS grade. The system tests candidates' Reading, Writing, Listening and Speaking in four separate papers. Usually, students must gain a good mark in all four skills in order to gain entry to the course, job, or country of their choice. For this reason, candidates will often sit the exam numerous times to secure the score that they need. Powered by COBUILD The 4-billion-word Collins corpus is the world's largest database of the English language. It is updated every month and has been at the heart of Collins COBUILD for over 20 years.
- Author BiographyKaren Kovacs is a DELTA-qualified teacher with a Master's degree in Linguistics, and works as a lecturer at Bath Spa University, where she prepares students for their IELTS exams.
- Author(s)Karen E. Kovacs
- PublisherHarperCollins Publishers
- Date of Publication02/06/2011
- SubjectELT Course Materials
- Series TitleCollins English for IELTS
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Weight470 g
- Width189 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Contained items statementContains Paperback and CD-ROM
Most relevant reviews
- shresthaganesh08 Feb, 2013by
Great book for improving your speaking. I was looking a book for improving my speaking and lastly I end up with this book..
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.64Trending at AU $111.11
- AU $35.06Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $78.04
- AU $18.76Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.30
- AU $51.96Trending at AU $53.08
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.