All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA benchmark review on how specific nutrients or adverse nutritional states impact the components of the IGF (Insulin-like Growth Factor) system and affect human health and disease. The authors describe the fundamentals of the IGF system, explain its basic mechanisms of action, illuminate its essential role in physical development across the life span, and highlight the link between rmal and abrmal cellular growth resulting in tumor formation. They also fully examine the clinical aspects of nutrition and IGF, from pre- and postnatal development through old age, in the maintenance of rmal metabolism, bone, and muscle health, and their role in pathological states. Special attention is given to critical illness, diabetes, gastrointestinal diseases, kidney failure, endocrine dysfunctions, cardiovascular disease, neurological disorders, and cancer, as well as to their potential for IGF therapy.
- PublisherHumana Press Inc.
- Date of Publication04/08/2004
- SubjectClinical Medicine: Professional
- Series TitleNutrition and Health
- Place of PublicationTotowa, NJ
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHumana Press Inc.
- Content Notebiography
- Weight882 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Edited byEva Feldman,Jeff M. P. Holly,M.S. Houston
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $33.32New
- AU $30.40New
- AU $20.46New
- AU $30.87New
- AU $21.77New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.64
- AU $60.91Trending at AU $63.18
- AU $49.18Trending at AU $52.81
- AU $20.89Trending at AU $24.28
- AU $28.30Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $44.93Trending at AU $46.37
- AU $18.77Trending at AU $24.64
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.