All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe iPhone is cool, and the iPhone is fun, but the iPhone also means serious business. For those of you who bought your iPhones to help get your lives organized and free yourselves from the ball and chain of desktop computing, iPhone at Work: Productivity for Professionals is the book to show you how. There are plenty of general-purpose iPhone guides, but iPhone at Work: Productivity for Professionals shows you how to complete all the traditional smartphone tasks, like to-do lists, calendars, and e-mail, and become much more efficient and productive at work. You'll learn mechanisms for developing effective workflows specific to the features of the iPhone and also efficient strategies for dealing with the specialized aspects of business and professional lifestyles. From the introduction and throughout the book, author Ryan Faas targets professional users of the iPhone. You'll tour the built-in applications and configuration options, always with work and productivity in mind, and discover all of the enterprise features of the iPhone, learning how to configure and use each one. Then discover the App Store: source of all third-party software. There's something a bit daunting about the dominance of games and frivolous apps on the best-seller lists, but there are serious business and vertical applications also available, and you'll learn about some of the best and how to take advantage of this wealth of add-on and very professional functionality. And for those administrators with the special job of deploying lots of new iPhones across the enterprise, this book concludes with two appendixes that provide information and resources for companies. The first is intended for organizations looking to perform larger-scale iPhone or iPod touch deployments complete with device management. The second is geared for those companies that wish to develop an iPhone platform-oriented infrastructure through the use of customized in-house applications and iPhone/iPod touch-specific web services.
- Author BiographyRyan Faas has been writing about Apple technology for over a decade, covering everything from introductory topics for new users to business solutions to in-depth systems and network administration. He received a Neal national business journalism award for his work on Computerworld's Week of Leopard series, which covered the launch of Apple's revision of Mac OS X in 2007. Beyond writing about technology, Ryan has worked as a systems administrator for multiplatform networks in both the education and private sectors. He continues to offer technology consulting and custom training services to organizations looking to implement Apple technology as part of a broad IT strategy.
- Author(s)Ryan J. Faas
- Date of Publication16/10/2009
- SubjectComputing: General
- Place of PublicationBerkley
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Notebiography
- Weight726 g
- Width191 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $5.79New
- AU $22.34New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $30.44New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $61.65
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $32.35Trending at AU $51.03
- AU $29.58Trending at AU $30.44
- AU $49.31Trending at AU $52.75
- AU $26.83Trending at AU $32.36
- AU $39.21Trending at AU $43.41
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.