All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIf you have a business or a nprofit organization, or if you're the one responsible for information systems at such an operation, you kw that disaster recovery planning is pretty vital. But it's easy to put it off. After all, where do you start? IT Disaster Recovery Planning For Dummies shows you how to get started by creating a safety net while you work out the details of your major plan. The right plan will get your business back on track quickly, whether you're hit by a tornado or a disgruntled employee with super hacking powers. Here's how to assess the situation, develop both short-term and long-term plans, and keep your plans updated. This easy-to-understand guide will help you* Prepare your systems, processes, and people for an organized response to disaster when it strikes* Identify critical IT systems and develop a long-range strategy* Select and train your disaster recovery team* Conduct a Business Impact Analysis* Determine risks to your business from natural or human-made causes* Get management support* Create appropriate plan documents* Test your plan Some disasters get coverage on CNN, and some just create headaches for the affected organization. With IT Disaster Recovery Planning For Dummies, you'll be prepared for anything from hackers to hurricanes!
- Author BiographyPeter H. Gregory, CISA, CISSP, is the author of fifteen books on security and technology, including Solaris Security (Prentice Hall), Computer Viruses For Dummies (Wiley), Blocking Spam and Spyware For Dummies (Wiley), and Securing the Vista Environment (O'Reilly). Peter is a security strategist at a publicly-traded financial management software company located in Redmond, Washington. Prior to taking this position, he held tactical and strategic security positions in large wireless telecommunications organizations. He has also held development and operations positions in casino management systems, banking, government, non-profit organizations, and academia since the late 1970s. He's on the board of advisors for the NSA-certified Certificate program in Information Assurance & Cybersecurity at the University of Washington, and he's a member of the board of directors of the Evergreen State Chapter of InfraGard.
- Author(s)Peter H. Gregory
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication04/01/2008
- SubjectBusiness, Accounting & Vocational: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationChichester
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Ltd
- Content NoteIllustrations, 1 map
- Weight580 g
- Width189 mm
- Height232 mm
- Spine21 mm
- Foreword byPhilip Jan Rothstein
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.68Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.13Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.76
- AU $37.59Trending at AU $40.09
- AU $34.36Trending at AU $36.09
- AU $28.52Trending at AU $29.80
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.