CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.90Trending at AU $51.50
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.73
- AU $32.81Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $31.32Trending at AU $39.99
- AU $19.57Trending at AU $23.96
- AU $32.00Trending at AU $45.25
- AU $14.60Trending at AU $16.66
About this product
- DescriptionVictory in Europe is a graphic account of the storming and taking of Hitler's Fortress Europe by the Allies during the final eleven months of the Second World War. From June 1944 to May 1945 this epic campaign encompassed many of the most famous battles and events of the Second World War, from D-Day, Arnhem, the Battle of the Bulge and the capture of the bridge at Remagen, to the taking Hitler's Eagle's Nest, the shocking discovery of the concentration camps, the final unconditional surrender of Nazi German and Victory in Europe Day. Written by leading military historian Julian Thompson, Victory in Europe contains 12 facsimile items of memorabilia. The reader can re-live this momentous period of history by examining maps, diaries, letters, and other items which up till w have remained filed or exhibited in the Imperial War Museum and other museum collections in Northern Europe and America.
- Author BiographyJulian Thompson, is a leading military historian, a visiting professor of war studies at King's College London and a distinguished veteran of the Falklands War. He has written numerous successful books including The 1916 Experience: Verdun and the Somme and Masters of the Battlefield, both for Carlton.
- Author(s)Julian Thompson
- PublisherCarlton Books Ltd
- Date of Publication12/04/2012
- SubjectMilitary History
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCarlton Books Ltd
- Content Note180 illustrations
- Weight839 g
- Width222 mm
- Height286 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Format DetailsFlexible plastic/vinyl cover
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.