All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionOver the past 25 years Ian Davenport has consistently employed intensely rigorous and unconventional painting processes. This book provides an in-depth examination of his production, from his electric fan paintings, to his poured arches, circles, lines and puddle paintings. He has experimented with method and medium, exploring the qualities and applications of paints, both in his early mochrome paintings and in his later complex colour combinations. His paintings draw upon the rich heritage of European and American abstraction, and also the contemporary urban environment of London. Davenport is a keen drummer and listens to music while he paints. The musical influence is important; in his more recent paintings the repetition of multiple vertical lines of various colours creates an underlying rhythm that pulses through each work.
- Author(s)Ian Davenport,Martin Filler,Michael Bracewell
- PublisherThames & Hudson Ltd
- Date of Publication02/06/2014
- SubjectIndividual Artists / Art Monographs
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- First Published2014
- ImprintThames & Hudson Ltd
- Content Note200 colour illustrations
- Weight2970 g
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.43
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.75
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.