All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis volume surveys the life and work of the Scottish poet Ian Hamilton Finlay, who is best kwn for his extraordinary garden, Little Sparta, a unique 'poem of place' in which poetry, sculpture, and horticulture intersect. This book directs sustained attention to Finlay the verbal artist, revealing the full breadth and richness of his poetics. It illuminates the evolution from his early years of composing plays, stories and lyrical poems to his discovery of Concrete poetry and his emergence as a key figure in the international avant-garde of the 1960s.
- Author BiographyIan Hamilton Finlay (1925-2006) was an acclaimed Scottish poet and artist. Alec Finlay is an artist and poet.
- Author(s)Ian Hamilton Finlay
- PublisherUniversity of California Press
- Date of Publication06/03/2012
- SubjectPoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Series TitlePoets for the Millennium S.
- Series Part/Volume Number8
- Place of PublicationBerkerley
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of California Press
- Content Note23 b/w photographs
- Weight63 g
- Width140 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Edited byAlec Finlay
- Introduction byAlec Finlay
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Textbooks
Management: the Essentials by Mary Coulter, Megan Woods, Stephen Robbins, David De Cenzo (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $111.65New
- AU $93.38Used
- AU $93.38New
- AU $101.47New
- AU $80.95New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.00
- AU $87.99Trending at AU $90.54
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.44
- AU $39.02Trending at AU $50.24
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $74.12
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.80
- AU $21.33Trending at AU $23.60
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.