All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis is the first in-depth overview of the work of Ian Mckeever RA (b.1946), an artist who has exhibited to considerable acclaim in Britain, America, Europe and Scandinavia. Presenting a multi-layered discussion of McKeever's significant body of paintings, the book's expert authors explore the evolution and complexities of the artist's oeuvre. The influences found in McKeever's work are many-fold, ranging from references to the natural world in the earlier works, to an engagement with aspects of light and the significance of the body in both physical and spiritual terms in the later paintings. Skilfully assessing key elements within McKeever's oeuvre, the authors all demonstrate an intimate kwledge and understanding of the often challenging selection of works presented here. McKeever is a prolific and sensitive writer, especially on painting, and the inclusion of his own words provides a well-rounded and thoughtful analysis of the work of one of Britain's leading painters. Boasting an impressive selection of over 100 colour images, this publication is essential reading for anyone interested in contemporary British art and the evolution of Ian McKeever's distinctive work.
- Author BiographyMarjorie Allthorpe-Guyton is an art historian, writer, critic and curator. She was National Director of Visual Arts, Arts Council England 1993-2006. Michael Tucker is Professor of Poetics in the School of Historical and Critical Studies, Faculty of Arts and Architecture, University of Brighton. In addition to writing widely on the arts, Michael Tucker has curated many exhibitions at the University of Brighton. Catherine Lampert is an independent curator and art historian. She was Senior Curator at the Hayward Gallery until 1988 and Director of the Whitechapel Gallery from 1988 to 2001. She is a Visiting Professor at the University of the Arts and currently curating exhibitions of the work of Francis Alys, Miquel Barcelo and Honore Daumier.
- Author(s)Catherine Lampert,Marjorie Allthorpe-Guyton,Michael Tucker
- PublisherLund Humphries Publishers Ltd
- Date of Publication28/09/2009
- SubjectIndividual Artists / Art Monographs
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintLund Humphries Publishers Ltd
- Content NoteIncludes 110 colour and 45 b&w illustrations
- Weight1565 g
- Width249 mm
- Height290 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Edition StatementNew edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $33.12New
- AU $30.22New
- AU $20.34New
- AU $30.69New
- AU $21.64New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.34
- AU $60.91Trending at AU $62.81
- AU $49.18Trending at AU $52.50
- AU $20.89Trending at AU $24.14
- AU $28.30Trending at AU $30.11
- AU $44.93Trending at AU $46.10
- AU $18.77Trending at AU $24.50
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.