All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe influence of Ibn 'Arabi, the 12th century Andalusian mystic philosopher extended beyond the Muslim world from Spain, to China, to Indonesia. Interest in Ibn 'Arabi in the west has grown over the last century. Ibn Arabi and the Contemporary West examines 'Arabi's teachings through the work of the Beshara Trust and the Muhyiddin Ibn 'Arabi Society. The study investigates how the Beshara School has used Ibn 'Arabi's teachings in assisting a range of students from around the world towards personal, spiritual development and how the Muhyiddin Ibn 'Arabi Society has evolved into an international organisation with increasing influence in both the West and the Muslim world.
- Author BiographyIsobel Jeffery-Street studied for a BA Honours degree in Theological Studies and a doctorate in Islamic Studies at the University of Exeter. She has tutored in Islamic Studies for the University's distance learning course as well as being co-ordinator of the Exeter Inter-Faith Group. She has a particular interest in religious experience relative to religious pluralism as a contribution to Inter-Faith Dialogue. She is soon to embark upon research for a study in an aspect of contemporary paganism.
- Author(s)Isobel Jeffery-Street
- PublisherEquinox Publishing Ltd
- Date of Publication01/11/2011
- SubjectReligion: Comparative, General & Reference
- Series TitleComparative Islamic Studies
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintEquinox Publishing Ltd
- Weight417 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine25 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $35.04Trending at AU $36.68
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $34.94
- AU $32.21Trending at AU $40.58
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.26
- AU $39.30Trending at AU $40.16
- AU $34.17Trending at AU $35.20
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $27.06
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.