All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIt was probably more than decade ago when I developed the title: Ice Within the Soul. At that time the phrase represented the pure evil of serial killers, murderers & pedophiles. Those that went into murderous rages with remorse for those they inflicted pain upon. It was a time when horrible senseless crimes seem to fill minutes of the evening news and pages of the daily paper. All too often my traumatized eyes cringed while processing such reprehensible violence against human beings. At that moment I wondered how the world seemed to breed so many cruel and twisted human beings. Sadly, t every serial killer, pedophile, murder or bully looks like a monster. Some may even exhibit a handsome and respectable facade. Their looks used a as a tool to subdue the unsuspecting prey into their deceptive wicked web. Slowly, though the dark evil core and the ice within the soul bleeds through and becomes a tragic reality. This is t a horror story, but one child's journey through the first four decades of her life. Moe Bender arrived in this world wide eyed and wondrous. Where every child's a prodigy absorbing the vast amounts of kwledge from their surroundings. As a young five year old, Moe Bender relied on her intuition and quickly learned you shouldn't always obey adults. Moe's ability to sense concealed evil or passive aggressive emotions such as resentment and anger were felt as a palpable internal alarm! Her story begins at a time when the incent years weren't always carefree or free from pain. That good everyday people can also have varying degrees of ice within all their souls. That mass murders were just one extreme end of the spectrum. Moe Bender was one of six siblings with a special bond that was slowly falling apart. The flashes of the young girls' destiny came as visions. She followed those visions and tried to decipher the gift of feeling the emotions of those around her. It wasn't always a gift but a curse. To a young child it was confusing to see a smile on one's face but feeling the intense hostility from across the room. Many of us have witnessed first hand how harboring anger or resentment over a period of years is capable of great destruction, especially to a family. Like a contagious disease spreading quickly to every member. When you see a vision of what is to come years from w...how do you stop it? How do you melt the ice within the soul of those you love and even your own?
- Author BiographyShawn Maureen McKelvie a retired Registered Nurse, is married to a veterinarian and resides in SW Florida and Upstate New York. She recently finished her second book titled: The Bed 39, which will be released late 2015.
- Author(s)Shawn Maureen McKelvie
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication25/04/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight354 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $16.95Trending at AU $23.18
- AU $47.99Trending at AU $53.24
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $31.13
- AU $47.56Trending at AU $49.64
- AU $26.48Trending at AU $34.75
- AU $27.13Trending at AU $27.89
- AU $11.85Trending at AU $14.33
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.