Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.90Trending at AU $51.50
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.73
- AU $32.80Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $30.68Trending at AU $39.99
- AU $19.55Trending at AU $23.96
- AU $31.98Trending at AU $45.25
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $16.66
About this product
- DescriptionICE ON THE WING: Essays On Life And Other Difficult Situations began as a collection of columns about the personal, political, and parenting experiences of a thirty-and then-forty-something writer who experienced the world in fifty shades of black. Except when it came to her daughter, who reminded the author that every w and then, the angels do prevail... Originally published in a variety of newspapers and magazines, these columns centered on author Shalynn Ford Womack's experiences as a working single parent who homeschooled her gifted daughter, while also taking care of an aging, disabled parent. Her struggles with relationships, money, marriage, and divorce will resonate against the experiences of an entire generation of women like herself. Shalynn Ford Womack wrote these columns with passion, a fierce intelligence, and often with some anger at the injustice she observed in daily life. There was also a softer side to many of these pieces, often revealing a dry, almost sardonic wit. There is a voice at work in these columns; one that is, in turns, loving, angry, sad, funny, poignant, bittersweet, and longing. Sometimes within the same paragraph, and usually within the 750 word limit imposed by her editors...
- Author BiographyShalynn Ford Womack is a freelance writer whose op-ed, travel, and feature stories have appeared in The Moline (IL) Dispatch, The Huntsville (AL) Times, The Tennessean, The Tullahoma (TN) News, The Tennessee Register, Nashville Parent, Home Education Magazine, and elsewhere. She holds a Master's Degree in Clinical Psychology from Middle Tennessee State University. In addition to thirteen years as a home educator, she has almost a decade of university-level teaching experience. She lives with her husband and daughter in Nashville, Tennessee.
- Author(s)Shalynn Ford Womack
- PublisherSpearhead Press
- Date of Publication02/01/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectMarriage, Family & Other Relationships
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpearhead Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight417 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.