All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFor advice you can trust, look further than Marco Polo. The Iceland Marco Polo Handbook offers expert advice and is aimed at travellers looking for in-depth coverage of a destination - from detailed cultural information to Insider Tips - in an easy to use format. Whatever your mood or interests, Marco Polo Handbooks are the perfect travel companion. Inside the Iceland Marco Polo Travel Handbook: Iceland - shaped by elemental forces: this guide to Iceland leads you round a special kind of destination where elemental forces of nature have created landscapes of breathtaking beauty. The Background chapter includes interesting information about the world's largest volcanic island, about the country and its people, ecomy and politics, society and everyday life. Discover & Understand: Our invative infographics condense large amounts of data into a format which is easy to understand. For example: Iceland facts and stats - at a glance, the achievements and culture of the Vikings, as well as those cute Icelandic ponies. In the mood for: Fun suggestions help you to experience the variety of Iceland, whatever your personal preferences and interests. Tours: five exciting tours cover all the amazing facets of Iceland. A circumnavigation on the almost completely paved coast road is the simplest way of exploring the island's numerous attractions. Natural dramas await the visitor to the Wild West; the most famous highlights are covered by a tour of volcaes, glaciers and geysers; and naturalists are attracted by the far rth, where there are more arctic foxes than humans. All suggested tours are plotted on detailed maps and combine the best and most interesting places to see, with tips for exciting stops along the way. Experience & Enjoy: All the things which make a trip unforgettable: from eating and drinking, shopping, sightseeing, museums & galleries, staying the night, travelling with children, festivals and going out in the evening. What are the island's typical dishes and where can you sample them? What is there to do with children? Answers to these and many other questions can be found in this chapter. Large pull-out map: Includes a separate pull-out map handily placed in a high quality plastic wallet at the back of the book, which can also be used as a storage pocket. In depth kwledge: Kwledge is king and Marco Polo Handbooks are packed full of information to help you get the best out of your trip. Insider Tips and special Marco Polo insights reveal hidden gems and well-kept secrets.
- Author BiographyMarco Polo Travel Publishing offers a wide range of high quality cartographic products and travel guides. Marco Polo Pocket Guides are known for their handy, compact format and Insider Tips. Our Travel Handbooks are the first to include infographics and our Spiral Guides feature unique lay-flat spiral binding. Marco Polo Maps are famous for the high quality of cartography in their Country, City and Holiday Maps.
- Author(s)Marco Polo
- PublisherMAIRDUMONT GmbH & Co. KG
- Date of Publication12/02/2015
- SubjectTravel & Holiday Guides: General
- Series TitleMarco Polo Travel Handbooks
- Place of PublicationOstfildern
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintMAIRDUMONT GmbH & Co. KG
- Weight499 g
- Width110 mm
- Height190 mm
- Spine23 mm
Best-selling in Travel Guides
Save on Travel Guides
- AU $65.00Trending at AU $84.65
- AU $53.94Trending at AU $54.54
- AU $40.28Trending at AU $43.42
- AU $17.27Trending at AU $24.94
- AU $17.27Trending at AU $21.83
- AU $20.72Trending at AU $27.56
- AU $12.95Trending at AU $15.89
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.