All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIconicity is the similarity or analogy between the form of a sign and its meaning. This book is an instrument of communication and representation that reveals a creative reading of the world through different figurative and abstract signs, pictographic textures and recurring designs. Through a collection of ordinary images of daily life, this highly visual book urges us to challenge our perception of the world around us and analyses our everyday experiences. An outstanding compilation of more than 1350 illustrative pictograms, symbols, ideograms and logos, designed by LSDspace. This book serves as a valuable graphic archive, a working tool and source of inspiration for designers and image makers. It also contains a copyright free CD containing the images in EPS vector format. With an introductory text by Yukio Ota, a foreword by Felix Beltran and an introduction by Aaron Marcus.
- Author BiographySonia Diaz and Gabriel Martinez are graphic designers with degrees in Arts from the University of Salamanca. Both are graphic arts teachers at the Art School Number 10 in Madrid. Their projects developed in their design agency LSD Space were selected and published by several international publishers, and their works have been published in the magazines IDN, Etapes and Novum. Yukio Ota is a graphic designer and teacher at the Tama Art University in Japan. He is the inventor of LoCoS (Lovers Communication System). He has written more than a dozen books and essays about pictogram design and symbolic language. He is the President of the Japanese Society for the Science of Signs, and a distinguished member of the International Organization for Standardization (ISO). Professor Ota has designed many public signs and symbols, the most famous being the Green Man Running emergency exit sign, which have become the national standard in many countries around the world. Born June 23, 1938 in Havana, Cuba, the artist Felix Beltran has an important career as a graphic designer, painter, draftsman and engraver. He was a lecturer at different universities in Mexico and Cuba, and at the present time, he is a professor at the Universidad Autonoma Metropolitana, also in Mexico. He has received many awards, among them the Prize of the American Institute and Graphic Art, CA, USA. Aaron Marcus is President of Aaron Marcus and Associates, Inc. (AM+A), Berkeley, California, a firm that designs user-interfaces for products and services. He is a graphic designer and Fellow of the American Institute of Graphic Arts. His artwork is owned by the Princeton University Art Museum, NJ. Aaron Marcus is a prolific book and article writer on graphic and interface design.
- Date of Publication10/08/2015
- SubjectDesign & Commercial Art
- Place of PublicationBarcelona
- Country of PublicationSpain
- Out-of-print date04/10/2016
- Weight816 g
- Width213 mm
- Height206 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound,Trade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Cravings: Recipes for All the Food You Want to Eat by Adeena Sussman, Chrissy Teigen (Hardback, 2016)
- AU $43.38New
- AU $30.34New
- AU $22.99New
- AU $30.81New
- AU $20.05New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $11.99Trending at AU $13.93
- AU $39.11Trending at AU $43.38
- AU $60.85Trending at AU $63.06
- AU $49.18Trending at AU $52.71
- AU $15.95Trending at AU $22.99
- AU $24.58Trending at AU $30.81
- AU $20.89Trending at AU $24.24
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.