Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.90
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $87.85
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.47
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.18
- AU $78.98Trending at AU $85.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.34
- AU $34.79Trending at AU $42.60
About this product
- DescriptionIcocracia uses photography to bring together approximately thirty creators of Cuban art from several generations who, despite their wide-ranging differences in biography, aesthetics and even politics, coincide in challenging what has been assimilated as Cuban photography and disseminated as such. The book is a collection of work by a series of artists who have managed to take in and process icography with the steadfast goal of building, more than just an image, but a different imagery altogether from their individual positions and particular viewpoints. However, it also explores the very limits of photography as an act: the text by Ivan de la Nuez seeks to find a location other than the photographer's stance, radically stirring up what is usually considered to be a photographic object.
- Author BiographyIvan de la Nuez, an essayist, art critic and exhibition curator born in Havana in 1964, has been the head of the Cultural Activities Department at the Contemporary Culture Center of Barcelona (2009-2011) and the Exhibitions Director at La Virreina Centre de la Imatge (2000-2009). He collaborates with Babelia, El Pais newspaper's cultural insert, as well as different magazines and newspapers in the United States, Europe and Latin America.
- Author(s)Ivan De la Nuez
- PublisherTurner Publicaciones, S.L.
- Date of Publication30/03/2016
- Languageeng, spa
- Place of PublicationMadrid
- Country of PublicationSpain
- ImprintTurner Publicaciones, S.L.
- Content Note100 colour
- Weight907 g
- Width175 mm
- Height245 mm
- Spine23 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.