All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $72.55Trending at AU $74.74
- AU $32.26Trending at AU $36.40
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $25.46
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.65
- AU $12.94Trending at AU $16.44
- AU $26.68Trending at AU $29.36
- AU $19.92Trending at AU $27.46
About this product
- DescriptionThe 29 landscape designs selected for this book have changed the way we look at designed outdoor spaces. They are examples of the ways in which 20th-century landscape designers have attempted to create a new style to reflect the modern age. All the landscapes still exist in some form and most can be visited. They range from Frank Lloyd Wright's Fallingwater to Brenda Colville's Eggborough Power Station, Ian Hamilton Finlay's Little Sparta to Maya Lin's Vietnam War Memorial, Derek Jarman's Prospect Cottage to Charles Jencks' garden of Cosmic Speculation. Katie Campbell is the ideal guide and interpreter. She opens our eyes to the radical ideas, new materials and artistic intentions and achievements behind her chosen sites.
- Author BiographyKATIE CAMPBELL was a journalist and fiction writer before turning to garden history. She lectures widely, has taught on postgraduate and undergraduate courses at Birkbeck, Bristol and Buckingham Universities; she also writes for various publications and leads garden tours. Her most recent, book, Paradise of Exiles, explores the eccentric community of English and American expatriates in late nineteenth century Florence. Earlier garden books include Icons of Twentieth Century Landscape Design, and Policies and Pleasances, A Guide to Scotland's Gardens.
- Author(s)Katie Campbell
- PublisherFrances Lincoln Publishers Ltd
- Date of Publication01/10/2006
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintFrances Lincoln Publishers Ltd
- Content Note125 colour and b/w illustrations
- Weight1238 g
- Width250 mm
- Height295 mm
- Spine21 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.