All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionLong a source of fascination, twins have often been a theme of myth and legend. The founding of Rome by Romulus and Remus is one of the many instances that spring to mind. Even when separated at birth, twins usually have uncannily similar tastes, habits and life experiences. In this landmark photographic study, Martin Schoeller uses his distinctive close-up portrait style to examine 40 sets of identical twins, capturing every subtle aspect of their facial structure and expressions. We tice the myriad similarities and the seemingly miniscule - yet significant - differences. Browsing this remarkable collection, you'll find yourself pondering how appearance and identity define our sense of our selves.
- Author BiographyMartin Schoeller was born in Munich in 1968. Growing up in Germany, he was deeply influenced by August Sander's numerous portraits of the working classes and the bourgeoisie, as well as by the photography of Bernd and Hilla Becher, who spawned a school known as the Becher-Schuler. Schoeller worked as an assistant to Annie Leibovitz from 1993 to 1996. He continued to advance as a freelance photographer, producing portraits of people he met on the streets. His work gained recognition for its strong visual impact and has been feautred in Rolling Stone, GQ, Esquire, Entertainment Weekly, and W, among other publications since 1998. Schoeller joined Richard Avedon as a contributing portrait photographer at The New Yorker in 1999. There, he continues to produce his award-winning images. His portraits are exhibited and collected internationally, including in several solo exhibitions in Europe and the U.S. and are included in the permanent collection of the National Portrait Gallery, Smithsonian Institution, Washington, D.C. Martin Schoeller lives and works in New York City.
- Author(s)Martin Schoeller
- PublisherteNeues Publishing UK Ltd
- Date of Publication15/11/2012
- Place of PublicationKempen
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintteNeues Media GmbH & Co. KG
- Out-of-print date12/01/2017
- Content Note60 Photographs
- Weight1565 g
- Width320 mm
- Height250 mm
- Spine20 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $35.04Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $34.87
- AU $32.21Trending at AU $40.50
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.21
- AU $39.30Trending at AU $40.08
- AU $34.50Trending at AU $35.13
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $27.01
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.