All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book meets head-on the difficulty of making practical use of new systems theory, presenting a selection of varied applications together with relevant theory. It shows how workable identification and control solutions can be derived by adapting and extrapolating from the theory. Each chapter has a common structure: a brief presentation of theory; the description of a particular application; experimental results; and a section highlighting, explaining and laying out solutions to the discrepancy between the theoretical and the practical.
- Author BiographyRicardo S. Sanchez Pena has worked for several research institutions in Argentina (CITEFA, CNIE, CNEA) and since 2004 he has worked at the Advanced Control Systems group, Polytechnic University of Catalunya (Barcelona, Spain), first as a Ramon y Cajal fellow and presently as ICREA research professor. His research interests are in the applications of robust identification and control to practical problems. He has been invited as a researcher by the German Space Agency (DLR, May/Aug'79), CalTech (Jun/Jul'89), the Interdisciplinary Center for Applied Mathematics (ICAM) at the Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University (Aug/Sept'91), and the Electrical Engineering Department of Pennsylvania State University (Dec'94andJul'96). He lectured courses at the School of Aeronautics and Astronautics of Purdue University (Feb/Mar'01) as Visiting Full Professor, at DISA-Polytechnic University of Valencia (Jun/Jul'02) and seminars at UNED (Madrid), the Polytechnic University of Catalunya (Jul'02) and the Universidad Mayor (Uruguay'93). Doctor Sanchez Pena is the author of Introduccion a la Teoria de Control Robusto (AADECA, 1992, 2nd.Ed. 1999), winner of the 1991 Book contest organized by the argentine IFAC representative, and co-author (with Dr. Mario Sznaier) of Robust Systems Theory and Applications (John Wiley and Sons 1998) and the Robust Systems chapter in the CRC Electrical Engineering Handbook (1999). He has authored around 100 journal and conference papers. He is Associate Editor of the Journal of Control Science and Engineering. He is a Corresponding Member of the International Academy of Astronautics, Senior Member of IEEE and AIAA, member of the Policy Committee of IFAC and of the Independent Review Team of the NASA/CONAE satellite Aquarius/SAC-D. He participated as a Technical expert in UNMOVIC (UnitedNations) during 2001 and 2002 and was also argentine representative at the Technical Experts Meetings for the MTCR from 2000 to 2004. Professor Joseba Quevedo Casin has published 2 books, 7 chapters in books (published by Springer-Verlag and Elsevier) and more than 25 articles in international and national journals (IEE Intelligent Systems Engineering, Control Engineering Practice and Computing and Control Engineering Journal). He has made more than 80 presentations in international and national Congresses, Conferences and Workshops and has participated in 5 international committees and representations as a member or President. Joseba Quevedo Casin has organized 3 international research and development activities (Workshops or Vacation Schools) and presently he is Project Assessor of the Science and Technology Commission of the Spanish government. Professor Vicenc Puig teaches Automatic Control and Computer Control in the Industrial Engineering degree at Barcelona Industrial Engineering School and Optimization and Optimal Control in the Automatic Engineering degree at Terrassa Industrial Engineering School. He has also been responsible for the PhD Program in Control, Vision and Robotics of UPC since 2002. He also teaches in the PhD program Fault Diagnosis and Fault Tolerant Control in Industrial Processes and is responsible of the Doctoral Spanish School in Fault Diagnosis that has started this year as an inter University PhD program. He is also the leader of the Control and Supervision group that belongs to the Advanced Control Systems line of research directed by Professor Joseba Quevedo.
- PublisherSpringer London Ltd
- Date of Publication13/10/2010
- SubjectElectronics Engineering & Communications Engineering
- Place of PublicationEngland
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSpringer London Ltd
- Content Note187 black & white illustrations, 29 black & white tables, biography
- Weight489 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Edited byJoseba Quevedo Casin,Ricardo S. Sanchez-Pena,Vicenc Puig Cayuela
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition Statement1st ed. Softcover of orig. ed. 2007
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $90.22
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.26
- AU $18.30Trending at AU $24.34
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.54
- AU $22.32Trending at AU $36.99
- AU $40.77Trending at AU $45.02
- AU $16.90Trending at AU $20.15
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.