All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionRegardless of its size or nature, every industry generates waste and is responsible for imple-menting the practices of pollution prevention and waste minimization in its day-to-day operations. Whether it's dirty water or toxic wastes, industrial pollution is all the same in one way: it reduces a business's profitability. Identification of Cleaner Production Improvement Opportunities urges environmental, health, and safety department managers, industrial environmental consultants, and personnel across all chemical engineering industries to employ a forward-thinking and tested techlogy of process improvements that will reduce waste generation, reduce the resources requirements to manufacture a product, and, most important to the life of a business, increase revenues. This new publication consists of the following five sections: Section I: The relationships among cleaner production, waste, cleaner production analyses, and their business values Section II: How to develop a cleaner production program Section III: The data requirements and data analyses for the opportunity identification step Section IV: The opportunity identification step Section V: How to assess and rank the best ideas Industry expert and chair of AIChE's Environmental Division, Kenneth Mulholland introduces methodology in this manual that has been used to identify process improvement opportunities for more than fifty processes, including pharmaceutical intermediates, elastomer momers and polymers, polyester intermediates and polymers, batch processes such as agricultural products and paints, chlorofluoro-hydrocarbon and chlorocarbon processes, and specialty chemicals and waste water treatment facilities. With product changes or new techlogy necessary, these process improvements have produced a 200 percent internal rate of return and reduced waste generation by 40 percent to 50 percent.
- Author BiographyKenneth Mulholland, PHD, is currently of the consulting firm Kenneth Mulholland & Associates. He holds a PhD in chemical engineering and is a registered professional engineer. He received the DuPont Safety, Health, and Environmental Excellence Award and has two patents. He is chair of AIChE's Environmental Division. During his thirty years at DuPont, Dr. Mulholland focused on developing effective pollution prevention methodologies and incorporating cleaner production and waste minimization. These methods have since been further applied and fine-tuned across varied industrial processes.
- Author(s)Kenneth L. Mulholland
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication10/03/2006
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight532 g
- Width182 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine20 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $38.44Trending at AU $48.97
- AU $27.99Trending at AU $34.95
- AU $22.22Trending at AU $31.05
- AU $29.06Trending at AU $39.11
- AU $20.74Trending at AU $24.30
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.35
- AU $21.91Trending at AU $29.32
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.