All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionUntil w, individuals wishing to identify British insects have found it difficult to track down the specialist keys published in obscure literature, whereas the popular guides are often misleadingly simplistic, covering only a fraction of the species. This book bridges the gap, providing expert guidance through the taxomic maze. It contains an introduction to each group of organisms, and over 2000 references selected as being the most useful and up-to-date for accurate identification, together with tes on their relevance and coverage. A further chapter covers the understanding and retrieval of scientific references, with advice on using libraries and other information services. This will be an essential reference book for anyone involved in insect and arachnid identification, from interested amateurs to professionals dealing with unfamiliar groups.
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication22/08/2005
- SubjectEncyclopedias & General Reference
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note19 b/w illus.
- Weight540 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine21 mm
- Edited byPeter C. Barnard
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Cravings: Recipes for All the Food You Want to Eat by Adeena Sussman, Chrissy Teigen (Hardback, 2016)
- AU $43.38New
- AU $30.64New
- AU $22.99New
- AU $30.81New
- AU $19.86New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $10.59Trending at AU $13.63
- AU $39.17Trending at AU $50.72
- AU $39.11Trending at AU $43.38
- AU $60.83Trending at AU $63.06
- AU $49.18Trending at AU $52.71
- AU $15.95Trending at AU $22.99
- AU $25.80Trending at AU $30.81
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.