All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIdentity and Identity Formation in the Ottoman World is a collection of articles authored by the students and colleagues of Norman Itzkowitz. The contributors include Engin Deniz Akarly, Karl K. Barbir, Cornell H. Fleischer, Jane Hathaway, Cemal Kafadar, Y. Metin Kunt, Rudi Paul Lindner, Heath W. Lowry, Scott Redford, Vamyk D. Volkan, and others.Norman Itzkowitz was professor of Near Eastern Studies at Princeton University until his retirement in 2001, and published more than a dozen books in three languages focusing on Ottoman history and psychobiography. In recognition of his exceptional contributions to the education and training of his students in Middle East and Ottoman studies, Itzkowitz received the Middle East Studies Association Mentoring Award in 2007.
- Author BiographyKarl K. Barbir is professor of history at Siena College and is the author of Ottoman Rule in Damascus, 1708-1758. Baki Tezcan is assistant professor of history and religious studies at the University of California, Davis.
- PublisherUniversity of Wisconsin Press
- Date of Publication15/03/2008
- SubjectAncient History
- Place of PublicationWisconsin
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of Wisconsin Press
- Weight513 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Edited byBaki Tezcan,Karl Barbir
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.67Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.13Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.76
- AU $37.59Trending at AU $40.09
- AU $34.02Trending at AU $36.09
- AU $28.53Trending at AU $29.80
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.