All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.72
- AU $70.98Trending at AU $87.50
- AU $62.89Trending at AU $77.17
- AU $78.98Trending at AU $85.01
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.03
- AU $34.79Trending at AU $42.43
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $24.76
About this product
- DescriptionThis pedagogical and sociological analysis of Shoah education in Israeli state schools is based on an empirical survey conducted from 2007-2009 among junior high and high school students, teachers and principals in general and religious schools, and experts in the field. It explores issues such as materials and methods, beliefs and attitudes, messages imparted, pedagogical challenges, and implications for national and religious identity and universal values. Comparative and multi-dimensional analyses of sub-populations, such as by age and type of school, were conducted. The practical and theoretical implications of the findings are considered in the context of Shoah education in Israel and other educational settings over the past half century.
- Author BiographyErik H. Cohen (PhD University on Nanterre, France), is an associate professor at the School of Education at Bar-Ilan University in Israel and at several local colleges. He is the director of Research & Evaluation, an independent group of researchers which has conducted numerous international studies, and is a member of the Facet Theory Association and served as its secretary for two years (2001-3). He is the author of half a dozen books in English, French and Hebrew, and has been widely published in refereed academic journals and edited books on the topics of Jewish identity, education, tourism, methodology and other related subjects. He serves on a number of scientific committees and as a consulting editor for two journals and has launched the International Journal of Jewish Education Research (IJJER) as co-editor.
- Author(s)Erik H. Cohen
- PublisherAcademic Studies Press
- Date of Publication30/06/2013
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Series TitleJewish Identity in Postmodern Society
- Place of PublicationBrighton
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAcademic Studies Press
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight662 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine21 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.