All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA companion volume to Jonardon Ganeri's popular textbook, Philosophy in Classical India: The Proper Work of Reason, this new book surveys in a lively and accessible style the nature of practical and public reason in India. It provides what is missing in Amartya Sen's widely admired The Argumentative Indian: detailed discussion of the thinkers-dissenters and heretics, as well as mainstream voices-whose astonishing ideas so enrich contemporary discussion.
- Author BiographyJonardon Ganeri writes on Indian philosophical theory in relation to the analytical tradition, on early South Asian modernity, and on conceptions of the human subject.
- Author(s)Professor Jonardon Ganeri
- PublisherContinuum Publishing Corporation
- Date of Publication19/12/2013
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintContinuum Publishing Corporation
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight351 g
- Width153 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition StatementNIPPOD
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.73Trending at AU $21.97
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $90.03
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.19
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.45
- AU $27.51Trending at AU $30.35
- AU $35.26Trending at AU $35.71
- AU $11.63Trending at AU $21.81
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.