All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionRecent history has seen Bosnian and Herzegovinian (BiH) cities undergoing several transitions. Their cities have developed under socialism (1945 - 1992), have suffered through the civil war during the 1990s, and during the last twenty years have been undergoing a slow and multifaceted transition to an indeterminate end point. Focusing on the post-socialist, postwar, and neoliberal transitions experienced in BiH, the book shows that planning systems deviated from control-oriented and top-down regulation to flexible approaches for more open for informal development. The book analyzes several levels of planning-related processes: the former Yugoslavia, BiH, the city of Mostar, and three urban zones (the Industrial Zone Bisce Polje, the City Zone Rondo, and the Historic District and the Old Town Zone) in order to offer insights into the new planning systems in the late phase of post-socialist transition.
- Author BiographyAleksandra Djurasovic is a PhD candidate at the Institute for Urban Planning and Regional Development, HafenCity University Hamburg, Germany. She obtained her bachelor's degree in landscape architecture from the University of California, Davis, USA, and her master's degree in urban planning from the City College of New York, USA. Djurasovic's academic interests lie in Southeast European urban geographies, urban planning and sustainability. Djurasovic is currently enrolled in the postdoctoral programme at the Center for Advanced Studies of Southeast Europe, Rijeka, Croatia.
- Author(s)Aleksandra Djurasovic
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication14/06/2016
- SubjectEnvironment & Planning
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note10 black & white tables, 20 black & white halftones, 11 black & white line drawings
- Weight518 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine20 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.90
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $87.85
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.47
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.18
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.34
- AU $34.75Trending at AU $42.60
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.