All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionTo celebrate the 25th anniversary of its publication, Michael W. Apple has thoroughly updated his influential text, and written a new preface. The new edition also includes an extended interview circa 2001, in which Apple relates the critical agenda outlined in Ideology and Curriculum to the more contemporary conservative climate. Finally, a new chapter titled Pedagogy, Patriotism and Democracy: Ideology and Education After 9/11 is also included.
- Author BiographyMichael W. Apple is the John Bascom Professor of Education at the University of Wisconsin, Madison. A former primary and secondary school teacher and past-president of a teachers union, he has worked with educators, unions, dissident groups, and governments throughout the world to democratize educational research, policy, and practice. Among his many books are Ideology and Curriculum, Education and Power, Teachers and Texts, Official Knowledge, Power, Meaning, and Identity, and most recently, Educating the Right Way.
- Author(s)Michael W. Apple
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication11/03/2004
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintRoutledge Falmer
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight544 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Edition Statement3rd Revised edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.68Trending at AU $110.48
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.95
- AU $35.44Trending at AU $40.48
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $78.90
- AU $19.16Trending at AU $23.81
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $48.75
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.20
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.