All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis new revised edition includes an updated bibliography, a new glossary and index and fresh suggestions for further reading, as well as a discussion of ideology after September 11. Ideology: *traces the history of the term and the debates which surround it, from Machiavelli to the present day *asks why ideology matters *examines ideology within the critical frameworks of empiricism, idealism, Marxism, post-Marxism and postmodernism. With plenty of clear examples to illuminate the discussion, Ideology offers an accessible introduction to this controversial and widely debated critical concept.
- Author BiographyDavid Hawkes teaches at Lehigh University, Pennsylvania. His recent publications include Idols of the Marketplace: Idolatry and Commodity Fetishism in English Literature 1580-1680.
- Author(s)David Hawkes
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication29/05/2003
- SubjectLiterary Theory
- Series TitleThe New Critical Idiom
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Noteglossary, further reading, bibliography, index
- Weight181 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.69Trending at AU $111.07
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.34
- AU $35.45Trending at AU $40.70
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.33
- AU $19.36Trending at AU $23.93
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.01
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.