Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.68Trending at AU $42.56
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.92
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.76
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.54
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.42
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.41
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.64
About this product
- DescriptionIn this volume, Martin Jamison provides a descriptive bibliography of published material on Idi Amin and Uganda during the Amin years. Arranging the entries topically within chrological sections, Jamison covers the span of Amin's reign from 1971 to 1979. The work also includes entries providing background information on Amin and covering Amin in exile. The volume covers scholarly, research-level, English-language works, all of which are generally accessible in libraries in North America. The literature covered includes journal articles, books, chapters within edited volumes, conference papers, government publications, audiovisual materials, and theses. Works included are those that are substantial and to the point, that provide more than a passing glance of Amin, and that speak directly to the topic of Amin or Uganda under Amin. With some exceptions, the bibliography excludes newspaper articles, popular or news magazine articles, fiction, encyclopedias, yearbooks, and other standard handbooks. After personally examining all but fifteen of the entries cited, Jamison has provided descriptive, nevaluative antations. Antations also te such features as length, type of illustrative material, indexes, and tes. The volume also includes author, title, and subject indexes. It will be a valuable aid for students and other researchers who want to find and select literature on Idi Amin and his times.
- Author BiographyMARTIN JAMISON is Reference/Circulation Librarian at and assistant professor at Ohio State University. He is the author of several articles, including a short bibliography on Amin published in the Bulletin of Bibliography.
- Author(s)Martin P. Jamison
- Date of Publication20/10/1992
- SubjectPolitics: General & Reference
- Series TitleAfrican Special Bibliographic
- Series Part/Volume NumberNo. 17.
- Place of PublicationWestport
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGreenwood Press
- Content Notephotographs, indexes
- Weight446 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine17 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.