All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.01Trending at AU $36.78
- AU $13.42Trending at AU $20.05
- AU $30.42Trending at AU $31.31
- AU $27.74Trending at AU $29.97
- AU $24.19Trending at AU $30.14
- AU $14.83Trending at AU $17.90
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $16.62
About this product
- DescriptionThis book demonstrates how corpus-based research can advance the understanding of linguistic phemena in a given language. By presenting a detailed analysis of collocations and idioms in a digital corpus of English and German, the contributors to this volume show how the use of collocations and idioms has changed over time, and suggests possible triggers for this change. The book t only examines what these collocations and idioms are, but also what their purpose is within languages. Idioms and Collocations is divided into three sections. The first section discusses the construction, composition and antation of the corpus. Chapters in the second section describe the methods for querying the corpus, the generation and maintenance of the example subcorpora, and the linguistic-lexicographic analyses of the target idioms. Finally, the third section presents the results of specific investigations into the syntactic, semantic, and historical properties of collocations. This book presents original work in corpus linguistics, computational linguistics, theoretical linguistics and lexicography. It will be useful for researchers in academic and industrial settings, and lexicographers.
- Author BiographyDr Christiane Fellbaum is Senior Research Scientist at the Department of Psychology, Princeton University, and Director of the Wolfgang Paul-Preis Project, Berlin Brandenburg Academy of Sciences.
- Author(s)E. Neyman,K.Z. Brainina
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication08/03/2007
- Series TitleResearch in Corpus and Discourse S.
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintContinuum International Publishing Group Ltd.
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight498 g
- Width234 mm
- Height156 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Edited byChristiane Fellbaum
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.