All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIdiosyncratic deals, or i-deals, are the individualised working arrangements negotiated by employees with the organizations for which they work. Such deals represent an emerging area of study into the effects they have on both parties, as well as co-workers and the wider working world. Do i-deals signify a further breakdown of collectivism within the workplace, or should they be seen as empowering to those employees able to find themselves the best deal? Is the growth of i-deals an inevitable response to the need for more flexible working relationships, or do they erode concepts of equality and fairness? In this important new collection, i-deals are discussed from a comprehensive range of viewpoints. The book examines how i-deals alter the psychological relationship between employee and employer, as well as the tion of career development in an aging and techlogically literate workforce. The issue of group relationships is also discussed, in relation to leadership theories, organizational justice and perceived fairness. Finally, the impact on organizational and individual effectiveness is assessed. Are i-deals a good thing for employers looking to maximise productivity within an organization? Do employees work more effectively and efficiently as a consequence of i-deals? Very much a hot topic, this volume represents a key contribution in the area of i-deals from the most active researchers in the field. It will be important reading for all students of work and organizational psychology, human resource management and business management.
- Author BiographyMatthijs Bal is Reader at the School of Management, University of Bath, UK. Denise M. Rousseau is H. J. Heinz II University Professor of Organizational Behavior and Public Policy at Carnegie Mellon University, USA.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication22/09/2015
- SubjectPsychology: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note3 black & white tables
- Weight340 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Edited byDenise M. Rousseau,Matthijs Bal
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $34.69Trending at AU $36.60
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.92
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $31.89Trending at AU $40.49
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.21
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $40.07
- AU $34.16Trending at AU $35.13
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.