All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.17Trending at AU $46.87
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.47
- AU $23.77Trending at AU $25.71
- AU $50.10Trending at AU $53.12
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.88
- AU $32.10Trending at AU $45.10
- AU $13.99Trending at AU $16.60
About this product
- DescriptionMindfulness is consciously paying attention to your present experience with a receptive attitude, in order to perceive things more clearly. Mindfulness enables people to get more in touch with the truth of their lives and make more beneficial choices. When people cultivate mindfulness, they experience important physical and emotional benefits. In Idiot's Guides: Mindfulness, readers get: a clear explanation of how mindfulness works and how to practice it in daily life; steps for opening oneself up to the experience of mindfulness; guidance on paying attention to one's body, emotions, and thoughts, and how to overcome the distractions that get in the way; it includes instructions for the top mindfulness meditation methods to help deepen mindfulness; offers ways to use mindfulness to help alleviate anxiety, depression, compulsive behaviors, addiction, and trauma; and, helps with using mindfulness to repair and improve relationships with others, connect with children, and find meaning in life.
- Author BiographyDomyo Sater Burk has been practicing mindfulness with a Zen Buddhist approach since 1996. She has experienced first hand the benefits of mindfulness: she was ordained as a Zen monk in 2001, did full-time residential training in a Buddhist community for seven years, and spent thousands of hours in silent meditation retreats. In addition, her previous training as a scientist (she received an M.S. in Wildlife Science in 1997) gave her an ability to understand and appreciate the growing research-based evidence about mindfulness, evidence that proves it is an effective and transformative method for people in all kinds of different settings. Now a qualified meditation teacher, Domyo works to make the benefits of mindfulness and meditation accessible to wider audiences.
- Author(s)Domyo Sater Burk
- PublisherDorling Kindersley Ltd
- Date of Publication24/09/2014
- SubjectPopular Psychology
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- First Published2014
- Out-of-print date13/07/2016
- Weight528 g
- Width196 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine18 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.