All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIdiots: Stories about Mindedness and Mental Retardation is a book about four children and the people who, in many respects, define their humanity. Mindedness is a quality associated with humanity that receives little attention in the scientific literature of mental retardation. The children's stories are written against the prevailing glare of the diagses traditional can. Confronting mental retardation as a socially constructed disease that implies having something less than a mind, this book speaks to the rewards awaiting those who are willing to look beyond the disciplinary boundaries that define the diagsis.
- Author BiographyThe Author: R. Daniel Linneman began his career supporting adults with disabilities as a part-time cook in a group home. For the past twenty years, he has worked in a variety of capacities - as front line staff, administrator, and researcher - in and around the lives of people of all ages involved in disability support systems. Linneman is currently Visiting Assistant Professor of Special Education at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign.
- Author(s)R. Daniel Linneman
- PublisherPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Date of Publication01/09/2001
- SubjectCultural Studies
- Series TitleCounterpoints Studies in the Postmodern Theory of Education
- Series Part/Volume Number154
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Weight370 g
- Width160 mm
- Height230 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $33.32New
- AU $30.40New
- AU $20.46New
- AU $30.87New
- AU $21.77New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.64
- AU $60.91Trending at AU $63.18
- AU $49.18Trending at AU $52.81
- AU $20.89Trending at AU $24.28
- AU $28.30Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $44.93Trending at AU $46.37
- AU $18.77Trending at AU $24.64
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.