All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $52.60Trending at AU $60.94
- AU $72.44Trending at AU $79.02
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $50.68
- AU $43.80Trending at AU $49.26
- AU $13.04Trending at AU $15.66
- AU $29.05Trending at AU $31.40
- AU $8.87Trending at AU $15.84
About this product
- DescriptionWhen Hannah returns home to Idlewild, Michigan from Paris to escape World War II; Henry expects the awkward, frumpy girl to appear, t the beautiful, outspoken woman at the train station. The bed-hopping Henry, w finds his match in his pious, childhood friend Hannah, who wants thing to do with him and his flirtation. He must confront his alcoholism and childhood scars from a Jim Crow South. This journey towards emotional healing sets him on a path to learn unforgettable lessons in life and love. Soon, when tragedy strikes, both Henry and Hannah's faith are tested. Will they remain in Idlewild? Or will they change along with the historical community that is altered by the shifting times of the 40's, 50's and 60's?
- Author BiographyShaida Escoffery- Born in Brooklyn, NY, raised in Miami, FL was the recipient of the 2013 Atlantic Coast Conference Innovation and Creativity Fellowship for her writing at the University of Miami. She has been a student of the Creative Writing Department at the University of Miami for four years. Her first published novel promises to capture the hearts of readers.
- Author(s)Shaida Escoffery
- Date of Publication30/12/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectHistorical & Mythological Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight349 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.