All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $5.79New
- AU $22.34New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $30.44New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $61.65
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $32.35Trending at AU $51.03
- AU $29.58Trending at AU $30.44
- AU $49.30Trending at AU $52.75
- AU $26.83Trending at AU $32.36
- AU $39.21Trending at AU $43.41
About this product
- DescriptionIELTS BAND 9 An Academic Guide for Chinese Students, Volume I, is intended for Chinese students preparing for the International English Language Testing System Exam. It provides learners with a comprehensive understanding of the Speaking and Writing components of the Academic module. It is replete with real life examples and features an authentic vocabulary bank, all from an experienced examiner's perspective. This Volume focuses on most frequently asked IELTS questions, the dos and don'ts of the Speaking Room, examiners' pet peeves, most overused or misused vocabulary, and discourse markers needed for a high score. The textbook explains Writing tasks in depth, and features quotations and kwledge of tenses needed to succeed at IELTS.
- Author BiographyKarolina Achirri has been living and teaching in Hangzhou, China since July 2010. She holds a Bachelor's Degree in English Literature and a Master's Degree in English Philology, specializing in British Literature. She has over 10 years teaching experience in different countries and on a variety of levels, from primary school to university. Karolina is familiar with Chinese culture and speaks Mandarin. She obtained the HSK4 Certificate in Chinese Language. She has cooperated with well-renowned schools including New Oriental, TEFL Academy, Strong International Group, Hangzhou Normal University and Hangzhou No 4 High School. Karolina's teaching is characterized by a very professional approach combined with a willingness to assist younger teachers. Her teaching strengths are IELTS and TOEFL preparation, Literature classes, Advanced Grammar, Academic Writing, Pronunciation, etc. Additionally, Karolina speaks six languages, which facilitates understanding of her students. This book is a result of hours spent with Chinese students in and out of classroom settings. It meets with their biggest concerns and provides solutions to the critical writing and speaking as well as comprehension tasks that they might encounter during their IELTS testing.
- Author(s)Karolina Achirri
- Date of Publication12/08/2015
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectStudy Skills & General Studies: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight685 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine21 mm
- Translated byDaphne Dong
- Revised byEmilia Balcerzak
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.