All listings for this product
Best Selling in Textbooks
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $71.84New
- AU $64.55Used
- AU $78.24New
- AU $104.93New
- AU $75.19Used
Save on Textbooks
- AU $38.97Trending at AU $68.87
- AU $75.90Trending at AU $79.74
- AU $21.18Trending at AU $22.96
- AU $89.88Trending at AU $93.97
- AU $19.59Trending at AU $32.40
- AU $22.09Trending at AU $22.86
- AU $79.99Trending at AU $101.08
About this product
- DescriptionShe is a godly woman. True love waits. Are these phrases and many others about gender truly based in scripture, or based on dusty, outdated stereotypes? And how do these perceptions repress people, especially women, from fully expressing their faith? If Eve Only Knew offers a fresh perspective on gender and the Bible, destroying trumped-up, captive-creating messages with the freeing proclamation grounded in Jesus' ministry and found everywhere in scripture: that we are all created in God's image, and by relying on our gifts and skills--rather than on gender-designed roles--we become all God means for us to be.
- Author BiographyKendra Weddle Irons teaches in the Religion and Humanities Department at Texas Wesleyan University in Fort Worth, Texas. She is a frequent contributor to the Evangelical and Ecumenical Women's Caucus website (eewc.com). Her first book is Preaching on the Plains: Methodist Women Preachers in Kansas, 1920-1956 (University Press of America, 2007). She blogs with Melanie at Ain't I a Woman? and has recently published essays about teaching religion in The Christian Century and the Fort Worth Star-Telegram. One of the perks of college teaching for Kendra is getting to travel abroad with students; her most recent trip was to Ireland in May 2014. Kendra lives in Irving, TX, with her husband and their yellow Labrador retriever, Pippi. Melanie Springer Mock is a Professor of English at George Fox University, Newberg, Oregon. She has published three books: Writing Peace: The Unheard Voices of Great War Mennonite Objectors (Cascadia, 2003); Just Moms: Conveying Justice in an Unjust World (Barclay, 2011); and The Spirit of Adoption: Writers on Religion, Adoption, Faith, and More (Cascade Books, forthcoming). She blogs about (and deconstructs) images of women embedded in evangelical popular culture at Ain't I a Woman?. Her essays and reviews have appeared in The Nation, Christian Feminism Today, The Chronicle of Higher Education, and Mennonite World Review, among other places. She lives in Dundee, OR, with her husband and two middle school boys; she also has two adult stepchildren, and two grandsons.
- Author(s)Kendra Weddle Irons,Melanie Springer Mock
- PublisherChalice Press
- Date of Publication28/07/2015
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectChristianity: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintChalice Press
- Weight363 g
- Width150 mm
- Height226 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.