All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionPaul Mobley has taken his camera on the road once again, this time to photograph America's oldest and wisest citizens. Mobley traveled to all fifty states to find these indomitable, extraordinary centenarians. In this inspiring collection of intimate and powerful portraits, direct quotes, and personal stories, we learn that wisdom is the reward for perseverance. The centenarians in Mobley's stunning portfolio are eyewitnesses to a century dominated by world wars and conflicts, space travel, and cultural and digital revolutions. Their stories are inspirational, educational, and deeply touching. In them, we are reminded that love, loss, hope, and grief are essential ingredients in a full life and that humor can get us through the worst of times. Mobley's heartfelt portraits are a beautiful tribute to this unique assemblage of Americans. There are more than 70,000 centenarians in the United States alone. Each of them has touched others with their gift of long lives. This book is celebration of this generation and an inspiration to the rest of us.
- Author BiographyPaul Mobley is an award-winning photographer recognized worldwide for his compelling portraits of celebrities and extraordinary Americans. His 2008 book, American Farmer: Portraits from the Heartland (Welcome), garnered an impressive collection of awards: the Independent Book Award for Outstanding Book, the Red Rose Publishing Award, and the Cowboy Hall of Fame Award for Outstanding Book. Allison Milionis is a writer, editor, and the author of Horse Sanctuary. Her stories, essays, and interviews have appeared in national and international publica- tions, in books, on radio, and online. Norman Lear, age 94, began his television writing career in 1950. He is best known for producing the Emmy Award-winning All in the Family, as well as Sanford and Son and The Jeffersons.
- Author(s)Allison Milionis
- PublisherRizzoli International Publications
- Date of Publication11/10/2016
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWelcome Enterprises, Inc
- Content Note200 colour and black and white photographs
- Weight1565 g
- Width229 mm
- Height279 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Photographs byPaul Mobley
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.68Trending at AU $111.07
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.34
- AU $35.45Trending at AU $40.70
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.33
- AU $19.36Trending at AU $23.93
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.01
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.