Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.58Trending at AU $39.15
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.66
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.54
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.32
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.16
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.17
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.51
About this product
- DescriptionCultural Writing. Memoir. These edited letters and diaries are a moving account of the unusual friendship between Andrew Lee Jones and Jane Officer. In July 1991 Andrew Lee Jones became the last person to die in Old Sparky, Louisiana's electric chair. Over the preceding fifteen months, Andrew corresponded with Jane Officer, an English woman whom he met through a penfriend organization based in England. Andrew was 35, poor, black and a convicted criminal; his English friend was white, middle class and 55. She traveled to the USA for the first time in her life to plead for Andrew's life at a Pardon Board hearing, and spent his last few hours with him and his family.
- PublisherNew Clarion Press
- Date of Publication11/02/1997
- SubjectSocial Issues, Services & Welfare
- Place of PublicationCheltenham
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintNew Clarion Press
- Weight283 g
- Height220 mm
- Edited byJane Officer
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.