If Loving You Is Wrong: The Teacher and Student Sex Case That Shocked the World by Gregg Olsen (Paperback / softback, 2012)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $31.48Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $35.95+ AU $12.95 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWonderfully researched...Searing and brilliant...A must-read! -- Ann Rule, the undisputed queen of True Crime The first case -- the one that launched an epidemic of teacher/student abuse cases -- written by New York Times bestselling author, Gregg Olsen. You kw how the story ended...but do you kw how it all started? Within hours of giving birth to her sixth child, Mary Kay Letourneau had her baby daughter whisked from her arms. She was then shackled and returned to her jail cell. Just years ago, the pretty, personable Seattle schoolteacher was living a life many would envy-- she had a handsome husband, four beautiful children, and a beloved following of students. Then she was accused of child rape, and her whole world turned upside down. Rapist Or Victim? How did a 34-year-old married teacher fall in love with one of her sixth-grade students? Was it a complete lapse of judgment, or-- as she contends-- the meeting of two soulmates? Were the two planning to run away together-- before police caught them in a parked car? Did the couple have illicit sex in every room of the Letourneau house, as the teenager told the tabloids? Read about the case that shocked the world and rocked the headlines-- about the lonely life of Mary Kay Letourneau and the young object of her obsession, the boy who fathered two of her children. You may think you kw the story of Mary Kay Letourneau-- but you don't kw the whole story until you've read...If Loving You Is Wrong. Includes interviews with Mary Kay Letourneau. Amazon.com Review: The tale seems ripe for tabloid exploitation: the fresh-faced blond elementary schoolteacher and mother of four just couldn't keep her hands off that 13-year-old boy. Worse yet, Mary Kay Letourneau had become obsessed with the slight, Samoan teenager while he was still a student in her sixth-grade class--and he fathered two babies with her. Yet in the hands of true crime writer Gregg Olsen, If Loving You Is Wrong becomes a poignant profile of an emotionally stunted young woman tightly wound up in a web of lies too fragile to sustain the weight of her own compulsions. The facade the Letourneaus presented to the world was that of a devoted, upwardly mobile young couple. In reality Steve and Mary Kay were on the verge of financial and emotional bankruptcy. They married because she'd become pregnant and appearances were everything to Mary Kay's parents, ultra-conservative, family-values-promoting politician John Schmitz and his icy wife, Mary. Olsen, whose previous books include Abandoned Prayers and Black Widow, does a superior job with the story, interviewing Letourneau herself as well as friends and neighbors, researching and assembling the facts behind the lurid headlines in a njudgmental manner that allows readers to draw their own conclusions about the bigger issues at stake. Was Mary Kay Letourneau a pedophile, a child rapist, a female Humbert Humbert? Or was she, as she claims, a woman who'd found a soul mate and a true love that defied America's puritanical rms? Read If Loving You Is Wrong and decide for yourself. -- Patrizia DiLucchio Review The Tucson Citizen called Olsen One of America's favorite crime writers.
- Author BiographyAbout the Author Gregg Olsen is the acclaimed author of true crime books and novels, including: Abandoned Prayers, Black Widow, Bitter Almonds, Mockingbird (AKA Cruel Deception), A Twisted Faith and Starvation Heights. His novels include, Heart of Ice, A Wicked Snow, Closer Than Blood, A Cold Dark Place, Victim Six and the upcoming Fear Collector. He is also the author of the Empty Coffin series for young adults. The first two titles of the series: Envy and Betrayal.
- Author(s)Gregg Olsen
- Date of Publication18/11/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectTrue Crime
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight517 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $38.44Trending at AU $43.76
- AU $35.05Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $34.87
- AU $22.22Trending at AU $30.98
- AU $29.06Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $20.74Trending at AU $24.25
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.29
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.