All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $50.71Trending at AU $62.46
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $72.91
- AU $32.59Trending at AU $36.89
- AU $30.05Trending at AU $40.13
- AU $14.93Trending at AU $22.05
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $30.06
- AU $26.84Trending at AU $29.51
About this product
- DescriptionLike many starstruck girls, Geri Halliwell grew up with one ambition. She wanted to be famous. She had the drive, the energy, the fierce determination to succeed. If only she could get that one lucky break - that one chance - she'd prove to all the doubters that she could make it, and make it BIG. But as Geri discovered, the road to fame can be a rocky one. Often broke and desperately lonely, her life became an endless round of failed auditions and dead-end jobs. Even her stint as a glamour model and her role as a game show host in Turkey, failed to gain her a foothold on the ladder to fame. Until one day, almost reluctantly, she answered an ad in The Stage. Someone was looking for candidates to form an all-girl band. The rest is history. As Ginger Spice, Geri's stage presence was formidable, her outfits legendary. The Spice Girls enjoyed a succession of number one hits, two phemenally successful albums and a box office hit movie. But Geri wanted her feet back on the ground. It was time to walk away, to find out who she was when she wasn't Ginger Spice. Amidst a blaze of media speculation Geri left the Spice Girls in May 1998. Now, with a series of number one hit singles and a bestselling album to her credit, Geri is focusing on her solo career. Frank, funny and touchingly poignant, at its heart If Only tells the story of a young girl's rollercoaster journey to fame - a journey that took her from obscurity to the world of her dreams. Believing fame would provide the answer to life's problems, she came to understand that the real solutions lie elsewhere.
- Author BiographyGeri Halliwell shot to fame as a member of The Spice Girls. Since leaving the band in 1998 she has pursued a successful solo career. She now divides her time between London and LA.
- Author(s)Geri Halliwell
- PublisherTransworld Publishers Ltd
- Date of Publication02/09/2002
- SubjectAutobiography: The Arts
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBantam Books (Transworld Publishers a division of the Random House Group)
- Content Note16
- Weight284 g
- Width108 mm
- Height178 mm
- Spine30 mm
- Format DetailsA-format paperback
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.