All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.89
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.37
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $75.12
- AU $31.51Trending at AU $37.08
- AU $25.48Trending at AU $28.39
- AU $9.83Trending at AU $14.06
About this product
- DescriptionOver the last half-century, the Philadelphia Phillies have experienced epic highs--World Series titles in 1980 and 2008--and frustrating lows, and Larry Shenk has been there for every minute of it. He provides a behind-the-scenes look at the personalities and events that have shaped the franchise's history. The book gives the detailed scouting reports on Jimmy Rollins and Chase Utley and takes readers into the clubhouse as Steve Carlton closes in on 300 career wins. Listen in on Pete Rose's phone call with President Reagan after Rose broke the National League hits record and see Richie Ashburn's face when he heard he was elected to the Baseball Hall of Fame. Giving fans a taste of what it's like to be a part of the Phillies' storied history from a perspective unlike any other, readers will also learn about a man whose work ethic and character has made an impact on the players and staff for 50 years.
- Author BiographyLarry Shenk is the Philadelphia Phillies' vice president of alumni relations. He has worked for the team since 1963, spending several decades as the team's public relations director. He lives in Wilmington, Delaware. Larry Bowa is a five-time All-Star middle infielder who played for the Phillies, Cubs, and Mets, and managed the Padres and Phillies ballclubs. He is currently an analyst for the MLB Network. He lives in Philadelphia.
- Author(s)Larry Shenk
- PublisherTriumph Books
- Date of Publication01/05/2014
- SubjectBall Games: Field & Outdoor
- Place of PublicationChicago
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintTriumph Books
- Weight367 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Foreword byLarry Bowa
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.