All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $16.95Trending at AU $19.69
- AU $47.99Trending at AU $53.24
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $31.13
- AU $47.56Trending at AU $49.64
- AU $26.48Trending at AU $34.75
- AU $27.13Trending at AU $27.89
- AU $11.85Trending at AU $14.33
About this product
- DescriptionIf You Fall, I Will Catch You is a first time vel by Eifion Jenkins. It is a mix of literary and genre vel - a myth for modern times which will appeal as much to lovers of Dr Who and soap opera as readers of Golding or Tolkien . While t a children's book, it will be enjoyed by teenage readers as well as to adults. It reaffirms the idea that we are all linked, all involved in the future - and the past - of our world in ways we are barely aware of.Gwidion is a boy on the verge of manhood. To him 9/11 has meaning. But the psychic shockwaves on the event, in a world which has destroyed itself, are still felt. Gwidion is troubled by dreams in which he is falling from a clear blue sky and being caught by an imaginary twin. Living in a small rural community in what was once Wales; Gwidion's unusual mental powers bring him to the attention of the Dream Travel Academy in Madrid. He is lured there in an attempt to find out the truth about the history of the world - and that of his own father. But he finds he has become involved with a group of politicians and scientists looking for an escape from the chaos of Earth. The conflict between the adults tests Gwidion's loyalties and he makes a 'soma jump' to a new planet where he finds an extremely harsh environment inhabited by the Amans - a shoal of semi-aquatic creatures.The story splits to follow Gwidion and also the rest of humanity as it leaves earth in search of a new home. On board is Gwidion's father, the politician Jimenez who has abandoned him to his fate and his surrogate mother Alara who makes a suicidal attempt to reach him. The emotional impact of her act, however, is eugh to lift the barrier between Gwidion and the Amans and he realises the true intelligence of these beings - a spiritual awareness and a sense of community and harmony he has been searching for all his life. While the crew of the space liner seem to have lost faith on their apparently endless journey, Gwidion, w an old man, can look with pride of the beginnings of a new, organic and intelligent civilisation.
- Author BiographyEifion Jenkins is a journalist at the South Wales Evening Post, the biggest selling newspaper in Wales.
- Author(s)Eifion Jenkins
- PublisherPoetry Wales Press
- Date of Publication07/03/2008
- SubjectScience Fiction & Fantasy
- Place of PublicationBridgend
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Weight440 g
- Width137 mm
- Height211 mm
- Spine28 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.