All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.48
- AU $70.98Trending at AU $87.00
- AU $62.89Trending at AU $76.73
- AU $78.98Trending at AU $84.53
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $78.58
- AU $34.80Trending at AU $42.19
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $24.62
About this product
- DescriptionIf It Moves, Salute It! relays the uproarious experiences of a young man in the navy during the twilight years of National Service, the late 1950s. A series of encounters help to influence his progress from raw recruit to reluctant adulthood, encompassing his journey through the hazards of training to a submarine depot ship during a visit to Belfast during 'the troubles', a WW2 sub in the Mediterranean, and on a high-profile tour of Scandinavia where he fell in love. The memoir also reveals service life, dress and traditions as they were at the time, many w abandoned or replaced from the modern fighting forces. After clashing with authority on the first day, Mike Perris resolved to keep out of further trouble during the remainder of his call up - a commitment he singularly failed to achieve. After surviving a disastrous security exercise and a simulated atomic bomb attack on a reserve fleet ship, he found that life in the forces was just as eventful off duty as on. This is a lively account of time spent in the navy at the end of Britain's National Service era.
- Author BiographyMichael Perris spent two years in the navy as a National Serviceman in the 1950s, his experiences served him with the inspiration to write this memoir. As a writer he has worked on and contributed to various student and technical magazines and journals and company brochures. He lives in Dorset.
- Author(s)Michael Perris
- PublisherThe History Press Ltd
- Date of Publication01/07/2011
- SubjectMilitary History
- Place of PublicationStroud
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintThe History Press Ltd
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight250 g
- Width160 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine10 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.