All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionTraditional indigeus cultures in many parts of the world have displayed a profound appreciation of the relationship between human and ecosystem health, something global culture is once again trying to rediscover under the label of sustainability. A spiritual resource for sustainable living, these verses record the inimitable practicality of stories and proverbs told by the Igbo people of West Africa. If you imitate the upright, Then you will be upright; If you imitate the crooked, Then you will be crooked. The collection of sayings is based on life in villages, farms and forests, treating birds, insects and animals as everyday familiars. The stories personify wild creatures (primarily, the tortoise) to offer moral instruction about greed, power, and the natural human trait of being ruled by transient appetites.
- Author BiographyJabez L. Van Cleef takes foundational texts from many oral traditions and religions and creates a common poetic format to preserve, promote and disseminate the values of these cultures. His work also promotes the Universal Declaration of Human Rights and other frameworks intended to foster full realization of human potential. See more at www.sustainyourspirit.com.
- Author(s)Jabez L Van Cleef
- Date of Publication29/05/2008
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectHistory of Ideas & Popular Philosophy
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight172 g
- Width133 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine9 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $34.87
- AU $30.28Trending at AU $30.98
- AU $29.06Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $32.21Trending at AU $40.50
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.21
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $34.80
- AU $39.30Trending at AU $40.08
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.