All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIts hard to imagine the fiery orange lava that explodes from volcaes as a hardened, black mass of rock, but that process is what forms igneous rocksone of the three kinds of rock that make up Earths surface. This important Earth science concept is explored in the text, which also covers the different kinds of igneous rocks, how to use their physical properties to identify them, and what clues they offer about Earths past. The text also clues readers in to how we use this tough rock as a resource, and how people living near volcaes use their environment to their advantage. Sidebars, fact boxes, and interesting photos supplement the texts information-rich content.
- Author(s)Richard Spilsbury
- PublisherPowerKids Press
- Date of Publication01/08/2015
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectSchool Textbooks & Study Guides: Maths, Science & Technical
- Series TitleEarth's Rocky Past
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPowerKids Press
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight136 g
- Width208 mm
- Height272 mm
- Spine5 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.