Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $13.00Free postage
- Good condition
- Sold by book_fountain
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFrom it's scenic vantage point on the North Devon coast, the seaside town of Ilfracombe has seen many changes in its long history. In this unique selection of 220 old images from the archives of the Ilfracombe Museum, many of which are previously unpublished photographs, the reader is invited to share a stalgic glimpse of Ilfracombe in days gone by. Its situation as the only port on a long stretch of dangerous coast made it ideal for smaller trading ships and fishing vessels who docked in the harbour to load and unload their cargo, while the clear sea air made the town a popular destination for tourists from the cities. We explore the hotels, theatres, halls and public rooms where the crowds were entertained, and visit the streets and lanes, houses, schools, shops and people that have played a part in shaping the town of today. Accompanied by informative and detailed text, this outstanding collection offers a valuable record of the past that is sure to appeal to both residents and visitors alike.
- Author(s)Jane Harding,Sue Pullen
- PublisherThe History Press Ltd
- Date of Publication01/02/2003
- SubjectLocal History, Names & Genealogy
- Series TitleImages of England
- Place of PublicationStroud
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintThe History Press Ltd
- Content Note200ill.
- Weight300 g
- Width165 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine10 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $90.22
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.26
- AU $18.30Trending at AU $24.34
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.54
- AU $22.32Trending at AU $36.99
- AU $40.77Trending at AU $45.02
- AU $16.90Trending at AU $20.15
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.