All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe message in this book is that we all need someone to watch over us. Through beautiful watercolour paintings that flood the pages with colour and atmosphere we follow a little boy, his mother, and grandfather on a boat trip and their return to the safety of the harbour and home. The pictures are so evocative that they transport us onto the deck of the little fishing boat on the ocean, they let us taste the salty spray of the waves, hear the rumble of the storm, and see the guiding brightness of a star that shines as darkness falls. But the book is more than the depiction of a journey, it's a lyrical exploration of what it means for us to be loved and nurtured and how each of us wants to feel safe and secure, even at those times when we crave adventure and independence. This is an unashamedly lyrical book. With powerful words and beautiful illustrations, it is bound to become a favourite at bedtime.
- Author(s)Mark Sperring
- PublisherOxford University Press
- Date of Publication04/06/2015
- SubjectPicture Books
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOxford University Press
- Content NoteColour
- Weight174 g
- Width227 mm
- Height265 mm
- Spine3 mm
- Illustrator(s)Layn Marlow
- Educational LevelUK School Key Stage 1
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.