All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book showcases recent advances in the theoretical and empirical understanding of the ecomic aspects of organised crime and illegal markets. It provides new insights into defining and quantifying the influence of organised crime by drawing on invative approaches to studying criminal networks and organisations such as the Hells Angels. The book includes analysis of the structure of illegal drug markets from international leaders in the field. Finally the text includes empirical case studies of the diverse markets where organised crime is currently active including the illegal market for crystal methamphetamine in Australia, tiger products in China and the falcon and fur trades in Russia. This book was based on a special issue of Global Crime.
- Author BiographyMartin Bouchard is Assistant Professor at the School of Criminology, Simon Fraser University. His work specialises in the organisation of illegal drug markets, with a special emphasis on cannabis cultivation. Recent work on illegal drug markets appeared in Contemporary Drug Problems, International Journal of Drug Policy, Journal of Quantitative Criminology, Journal of Drug Issues, Justice Quarterly, and Global Crime. Chris Wilkins is a senior researcher at the Centre for Social and Health Outcomes Research and Evaluation (SHORE), Massey University, Auckland, New Zealand. He has special expertise in illegal drug research with a particular interest in the economics of illegal drug markets and organised crime. Dr. Wilkins has published articles in Addiction, Drug & Alcohol Review, De Economist, Contemporary Drug Problems and the International Journal of Drug Policy.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication08/05/2012
- SubjectEconomics: Professional & General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Weight331 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Edited byChris Wilkins,Martin Bouchard
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $203.69New
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $75.71New
- AU $61.33Used
- AU $93.50New
- AU $101.60New
- AU $70.98New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.10
- AU $22.41Trending at AU $23.51
- AU $114.99Trending at AU $120.22
- AU $87.99Trending at AU $90.65
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.54
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $50.30
- AU $69.89Trending at AU $75.71
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.