Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $99.00Trending at AU $101.34
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $79.83
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.49
- AU $67.99Trending at AU $71.54
- AU $61.99Trending at AU $63.88
- AU $95.88Trending at AU $99.78
- AU $89.90Trending at AU $112.50
About this product
- DescriptionELT education, as a commodity, takes many forms in countries all over the world. This book questions how the benefits of international English language education projects are distributed. The critical issues of language rights and linguistic diversity are pivotal in the book's examination of domination and subordination in international language education projects. The author's description of the role and teaching of English is based on her experience of working in ELT aid and development and fee-based projects, and through it she unmasks the interests and intentions of aid and fee-based language education projects. The two case studies that form the basis of this book recount a version of ELT marketing and project implementation that will resonate with experiences of aid recipients and university-led private sector fee-payers in many different ELT contexts.
- Author BiographyJacqueline Widin has extensive experience and expertise in teaching English to speakers of other languages (TESOL) and in teaching and research of tertiary-led pre- and in-service teacher training programs in Australia and in countries outside of Australia. She has a particular interest in the relationship between language and human rights and the sociopolitical dynamics of the English language teaching field. She is currently a senior lecturer with the University of Technology Sydney and manages the TESOL and Linguistics Education programs.
- Author(s)Jacqueline Widin
- PublisherChannel View Publications Ltd
- Date of Publication01/08/2010
- SubjectELT Course Materials
- Series TitleLinguistic Diversity and Language Rights
- Series Part/Volume Numberv. 8
- Place of PublicationBristol
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintMultilingual Matters
- Weight305 g
- Width148 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine13 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.