All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $51.33
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.47
- AU $50.10Trending at AU $53.12
- AU $32.82Trending at AU $40.70
- AU $32.31Trending at AU $39.85
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.88
- AU $32.08Trending at AU $45.10
About this product
- DescriptionOn Sophia van Buren's 14th wedding anniversary, the police come kcking on her front door. The news they bring about her husband triggers a revelation that instantly causes Sophia's suburban life to collapse. It destroys one world, but creates ather and will ignite something within her, forcing the woman buried under years of diapers and coupons to emerge. Illumination is t a bitter lament. It's a modern mother's odyssey - a quest for hope, levity, and the courage to follow one's inner light through dark times. Sophia does find hope, but first she must overcome the shadows cast by those conditioned to judge. Ultimately, Illumination is a story of rebirth and true love that begins where Sophia's previous world ends.
- Author BiographyAt the tender age of 19, I met a man. An older man. I moved in with him and his son and eventually dropped out of college, 10 credits shy of an English degree. We got married on my 21st birthday, and for the next 14 years I hunkered down in the suburbs with my growing family. I made pancakes on weekday mornings and drove my kids and their friends to soccer practice, clipped coupons, and attended Couple's Bible Study every week with my husband. On my 35th birthday and 14th wedding anniversary, everything about my life changed in a matter of minutes. Eight years later, I self-published a book that covers a three year span of my life, beginning with that fateful night. Illumination - How One Woman Made Light of the Darkness is the story of how sometimes, what you least expect to happen does, and how, when one life collapses, a new one begins. When I'm not writing, I'm working, shuttling my kids around, or taking photos. My husband and I live in Portland, Oregon.
- Author(s)Sophia Van Buren
- Date of Publication19/03/2011
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectAutobiography: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight472 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Edited byNoah Drichta
- Photographer(s)Anna Aden
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.